Thursday, February 6, 2014

One Month Ago

A month ago I was in labor with my dear Amelia. Feeling so much physical pain but so excited to meet her, to love and cuddle her. We were so excited for our first baby and how life would change. I was so happy to be making these changes to our lives. The nursery was ready, everything picked out and ready for her arrival.

As I heard the words that her heart had stopped, my heart broke and life will never be the same. What does this "new normal" look like? This isn't the life we should have after Amelia but it isn't the life we had before. How do you continue with life when your heart has been ripped from your body?

My dear precious Amelia, I miss you so much. I miss feeling you move inside me. I grieve the things we will never do together or as a family and I am lost, so very lost without you. I don't know who I am now and how I move forward to find me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment